Vampy Candy Cane Stripe Nails



nail art is actually for tomorrow's Winter Nail Art Challenge group on Facebook.  The challenge is for Christmas Candies.  I actually had a lot of trouble with this challenge after failing at a watermarble and a drag marble design. I finally gave up and reached for my stripping tape.



I ended up doing a traditional candy cane design with a slight color twist.

Materials
Base and top coat
Black, white, red, and silver polishes
Strippers or stripping brush
Stripping tape

I started this look off with Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' and Revlon 'Black Star' on my ring finger.  I applied a quick drying top coat to the white to speed up the drying so that I could use my tape with confidence.


On my accent finger I used a white Art Club stripper and drew candy cane shapes.  I then used a red Art Club stripper and stripped the candy canes.  I then used a silver stripper and filled in the more barren areas with little silver dots.


For all of my other fingers I laid out my stripping tapes and used my three colors, black, red, and silver to fill in the stripes.  The red I used is Formula X 'Atom + Eve'. 


After a little clean up, a bit of touch up on my stripes, and an application of a quick drying top coat.  I ended up with some relax eye catching candy cane nails.



I am really enjoying the two nail art challenges that I am participating and loving all the Christmas nail art designs that I have been seeing.  If you are enjoying these designs, stay tuned because there are many more to come.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,