Glittery Stars

I was having a hard time deciding what to do for the 11th NPQ Christmas Challenge, the theme is Glitterbombs.  I was going to just create a manicure using red and green glitter, but wanted to do something a little different since I've done a lot of red and green lately.  I happen to be listening to some Christmas music and Elvis' version of 'O'Holy Night' came on.  This gave me an idea!  So this manicure is inspired by that song, specifically the lyrics, 'O' Holy Night, the stars were brightly shining...'

I started off with one coat of China Glaze 'One Track Mind', this is a one coat application.  I love this rich dark blue.  I also applied a quick drying top coat, to speed up the drying time.


When the polish was dry I applied a star vinyl from nailvinyls.com.  I then applied a gold polish to my stars.  I then sprinkled loose gold glitter over my gold polish while it was still wet with the nail vinyl still in place.  I pressed the glitter slightly, then tapped off the excess, and then carefully removed the vinyl.  I recommend using a polish the same color as your glitter in case any of the glitter falls off.


I used the same process (apply gold polish and sprinkle loose glitter) with hand painted half moon shape on my other fingers.  I've heard this referred to as a floating french.


I did a little cleanup by using a soft brush to brush the loose glitter slightly to make sure it was all stuck.  I then applied another thick top coat to seal in all the glitter.


There you have a slightly different Christmas song inspired manicure, that isn't red and green for a change for the 2nd day of Christmas Nail Polish Queens' Challenge.  I hope you liked this glittery nail art design.  Christmas is a few days away and I have a few more challenges to finish up so stay tuned.  Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.



Your Fellow Plebe,






Glittery Stars @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger