Merry and Bright Christmas Nails

Hello Lovelies!  Sometimes it can be difficult to find new and interesting designs, especially when you want to do something themed, say for the Holidays.  Lately, I have been in a bit of a slump because I feel like so many Holiday nail art designs are over done, and I just don't want to keep doing what everyone else is doing.  Don't get me wrong, I love what I am seeing on others' blogs and Instagram feeds, but I also like to be different, even if only a little.  I decided to look to my Christmas tree to get some inspiration, and one particular bauble kept grabbing my attention.  So, I decided to use it as my inspiration for this nail art design...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring it On!"
White base polish - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On"
Holo polishes - Glisten & Glow "Midori Sour," "Hpnotiq Hurricane," and "Sloe Gin Fizz"
Lou it Yourself Candy Swirl Vinyls
Small brush
Pueen image plate 10, 21, & 22
Fab Ur Nails XL stamper and scraper
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow "HK Girl"

I began with a clean white base polish.


On my pointer and my pinky, I created candy swirls using vinyls from Lou it Yourself (link above).  I purchased these vinyls a bit ago, but this is the perfect time of year to use them.  I was a little reluctant to use these vinyls because I have seen many other similar vinyls and they typically leave a blank space in the middle.  Most people use a gem or a dot to fill in this weird blank center.  These vinyls meet in the middle perfectly, leaving you with a near seamless candy swirl pattern, so if you want perfect candy swirls I highly recommend these vinyls.

To use these vinyls apply a quick drying topcoat over your base polish and allow to dry.  Place the vinyl, and trim slits in vinyl between the candy stripes (not pictured, sorry).  Fill in the candy stripes with desired polish, I used three colors so I filled in stripes across from one another to make this work properly.  To prevent pulling I removed parts of the vinyls as I filled in the stripes.  I plan to post a quick video to my Instagram account later today, that will help understand what I did a bit better.


On all my other fingers I randomly stamped a present, reindeer, and wreath in the same colors that I used in the candy swirls.  The holo polishes didn't stamp as well as I had hoped, and before I applied the topcoat, the images didn't appear holographic at all.  I would not recommend using these polishes for stamping to a stamping beginner, however, if you have some experience you may not have so many problems.


After a bit of clean up with some gentle acetone and a brush, I applied a quick drying glossy topcoat.  Applying the topcoat really helped the holo show in the stamped images.


In all honesty,  this didn't turn out exactly as I had imaged, primarily because the stamping isn't opaque as I was hoping.  I do, however, really like the color combo and the unique aspect for a Christmas design.  Plus, they match my Christmas bauble quite well, don't you think?


I hope you enjoyed this merry and bright Christmas nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,