Retro Snowflakes

Hello Lovelies! It's officially December, the beginning of the winter and holiday season. I've decided to participate in this months Weekly Nail Art Challenge (#wnac2015) from Instagram. The first prompt is snowflakes, a staple nail art design of the season. I have seen some gorgeous snowflake manis recently, but I wanted to do something a little different. This is what I came up with for my snowflake design...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring it On!"
Polishes - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Black Out," Revlon Top Speed "Metallic," China Glaze "Thistle Do Nicely," & "Capacity to See Beyond"
Makeup sponge
Small brush
Dotting tools
Topcoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"

I began with a solid black base.
 

I then used a small piece of a makeup sponge to sponge silver over some areas of my nails. 

Using a small brush, I painted the prongs of my snowflake. Using a medium dotting tool, and dotted the ends of the prongs. Switching to a slightly smaller dotting tool I dotted black in the center of each previous dot. I repeated this in a second color. Lastly, using a very small dotting tool and both colors I filled in the voids around the flakes.
 

As usual, I performed a bit of cleanup with acetone and a brush and applied a layer of glossy topcoat.
 

Many of you know I love retro styles so it's safe to say I love this design. The bright colors really pop against the black.
 

I'm hoping to complete many Christmas and winter themed manis this season but it this the season. I should be able to finish the WNAC in the very least. I do feel like I'm off to a good start. I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time. 


Your Fellow Plebe,




Retro Snowflakes @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger