Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Independence Day!  I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend so far.  Sadly, it is rainy and depressing here in New York, which means no fireworks for us today.  However, I have fireworks on my nails which is almost as good.


Materials I used:
Base coat - INM Ridge Free
Red polish - Formula X 'Atom + Eve'
Black polish - Revlon Top Speed 'Black Star'
White polish - Color Club 'Blank Canvas'
Art Club Striper - blue and silver glitter
Striping brush
Makeup sponge (small pieces)
Topcoat - Beauty Plus Salon
 
I decided to create a primarily red mani with just an accent nails, so I started out with black on my ring finger only.
 


For my accent finger, I created a firework display by layering bursts of color.  I used a very small, and I mean very small amount of white polish and sponged it in a very small area.  Almost like as if I was going to create galaxy nails.  I then sponged over this with a small amount of blue polish.  I then created a burst in blue, and layered this with red, and lastly with a silver glitter bursts.


As usual I performed any necessary clean up with acetone and brush, and topped it all off with a glossy topcoat.


 I created a firework mani last year too, http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2014/07/fireworks-on-display.html.  I love to compare my older works to my newer ones, because it's a great way to see progress.


To say the least, my skills, my photography, even my hand poses have improved.  I really like the way my fireworks turned out this time around, they seem a bit more realistic than last years.  I think the only thing I would change, would be to sponge just a bit more white under my burst to brighten up the colors layered over top.  
 
 
I hope that you get to enjoy some fireworks displays this weekend.  Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.
 
 
Your Fellow Plebe,