Nautical Nails

Hello Lovelies!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and that your Monday has been a good one too.  I love nautical themed nail art.  I don't know why exactly, I just do.  I created some nautical last year, and to be honest I wasn't very fond of them.  My skills were lacking and the color combination wasn't the greatest (http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2014/06/anchors-away.html).  So, I thought it was time to relive this theme...

 
Materials I used:
INM Ridge Free basecoat
Gothic Gala Lacquer 'Weird Science' (gold glitter)
Gothic Gala Lacquer 'Odin' (dark purple holo)
Striping tape
Dotting tool
Small brush
Beauty Plus Salon glossy topcoat
Various accessories

I started off with a base coat of gold glitter, on my pinky, ring, and mid finger.  I used my dark purple holo on my thumb and pointer.  I applied the glitter polish with one brushed on coat, and then sponged two additional coats over top.  I applied the glitter via sponge to give it a really glitter packed appearance without making it too thick.


Before, we move on to the actual nail art I wanted to give a brief review on Odin.  I purchased this from Gothic Gala when I placed my last order.  It is a beautiful deep purple with a phenomenal holo shimmer.  Easily opaque in two coats.


On my ring finger I drew an anchor.  I dotted four points to use as a guide.  I then used a small brush to draw a vertical line for the center of the anchor.  I then drew in the hooks, trying to curve the lines slightly.  I finished it off with a horizontal line at the top, and dotted the top as well as the ends of the horizontal bar.


I used striping tape to create various striped patterns on my pinky and pointer.


I preformed a bit of clean up with acetone and a brush, and applied a glossy topcoat.  Lastly, I finished the look by adding a bow charm on my pointer and small gold studs from bornprettystore.com on the side of my thumb.


If you haven't guessed by the trend of my last few posts, I have recently fallen in love with Gothic Gala Lacquers.  Odin and Weird Science makes a great combination, the holo and the glitter are just too pretty.


I also think there is a significant improvement in my freehand abilities too.  Overall I am very happy with the turn out of this design.


I feel that nautical designs will never go out of style, and is absolutely perfect for summer.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 


Nautical Nails @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger