Stamping and Decal Embellishments

Hello Lovelies!  I don't often use decals, because I have never really found ones that I was in love with or they weren't really worth the expense.  However, I recently made a little nail art haul when a local beauty supply store was going out of business.  In addition to buying various polishes that I found attractive, I also purchased some decals, appliques, and charms because they were half priced.  For today's nail art I decided to try out some of the decals...


I used Zoya 'Daisy' as my base color.  I also purchased this during my store closing haul.  I don't own many yellows and I love Zoya so I had to purchase it.  This yellow is very pretty and has a bit of a shimmer to it.  This is two coats though it was mostly opaque with one coat.


I decided to add a bit of stamping on my ring and mid fingers just to make this nail art a little more interesting, plus its good practice.  I used Pueen image plate 07 and silver stamping polish from Mundo de Unas to stamp this image...


I then applied flower stickers to all my fingers, the brand I used is Glossyblossom.  As I said previously I purchased these locally, but there are numerous ways to buy similar stickers both in stores and online.  I know that bornprettystore.com offers a significant variety at very good prices, but I'm sure there are many other suppliers out there as well.  However, if you purchase from bornprettystore.com used code: CREATEX31 for 10% off your next purchase.


When using decals be sure to read the package directions, because some are water decals and some are simple peal and stick decals.  These are the later, so all I had to do is peal them from the backing and stick them where I wanted them.  I recommend that whenever you are using any kind of decal, that you let the base polish dry enough so that you can touch it without marking or smearing it.  I waited roughly 20-30 minutes before applying my decals.


If necessary perform a bit of clean up with acetone and a brush.  I also recommend applying a topcoat not only to give it extra shine but to help seal the decals in place.  This way they are less likely to peal up, there is nothing more annoying than a decal that is hanging off the nail, snagging on everything.


Though I don't often use decals, they are a great way to create a quick and interesting manicure.  Having some decals in your arsenal of nail supplies is great, that way if you don't have the time to create a masterpiece you at least have some pretty decals to dress up a basic mani.  Also it doesn't take much skill to use decals, so if you are intimidated about creating fancy artwork, these are a great way, to fake it until you make it.  I see nothing wrong with using the tools at your disposal and decals are just another tool in my book.


Decals are a great way to create an ornate mani or just add a little accent, either way you use them is up to you.  With so many different styles on the market the possibilities are endless.  I hope you enjoyed this easy stamped and decaled nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,