Mani Swap with Ab_nailedit

Hello Lovelies!  I know I promised you another Fourth of July mani, but I wanted to share this with you first.  This is my first ever mani swap with Anusha (IG:ab_nailedit)...


For my fellow plebes out there, a mani swap is the process of recreating another artist design, with the agreement that they are going to do the same with one of your designs.  This is a great way to make new nail pals, test your skills, and try on that mani you've been admiring on Instagram.

I decided to recreate one of Anusha's bright pastel nail art design because I really like the colors and I thought the design would be fun.  Anusha's original design I recreated was done freehand, however, I cheated and used tapes to recreate the pattern.

For the recreation I started with a very bright pink, Color Club 'Sweet Getaway.'  This happens to be scented to smell like roses and it smells absolutely divine.

 
I used striping tape to create the pattern.  I started with the diagonal stripes first because I felt that was easier for both the application and removal.  I then applied tapes vertically, lining them up with the top diagonal stripe being careful to not over lap it into the diagonal area.  I applied my secondary color, Color Club 'Holy Chic!' and then removed my tapes as quickly as possible.
 
  
As (almost) always, I performed a bit of clean up with acetone and a brush, and applied a quick drying top coat.
 
 
This was a really fun project, and I highly recommend you contact your nail pals or someone you admire and arrange a mani swap.  Anusha and I, meet (virtually) and was encouraged to do a mani swap because of an absolutely one of a kind, fantastic nail art community on Google+, Nail Polish Queens.  However, I am sad to announce that this wonderful community will be shutting down tomorrow, July 4th.  I am broken hearted over the end of such a great group but I am happy to have been a part of it.  Through the NPQ I have meet so many, wonderful, caring, considerate, encouraging, and enabling nail pals (many of whom I will do my best to keep in touch with through other medias).  I have improved my skills, and have been able to produce better nail art in part because of the NPQ community.  So, it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to NPQ.  If you are a fellow NPQ member, and I am not following you on IG, or any other media, please let me know so that I can track you down. 
 
 
On a happier note, how pretty did these nails turn out?!  I love the colors and the stripy pattern.  Big thank you to Anusha for being my first mani swap partner, be sure to check Anusha out on IG: ab_nailedit to see all of her great design.  Also, if you are interested in doing a mani swap with me, please don't hesitate to ask, I love a challenge and it is a great way to make new friends.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.
 
Your Fellow Plebe,