Pink Clouds

Hello Darlings! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far.  Today, I have a very simple manicure that is perfect for all skill levels.  I created this pink cloud pond mani, for the final #nailthattechnique Instagram challenge of March.  I know it's April already but I had until today to submit (hey at least its on time).  This is probably the only non-Easter nail art design you are going to see from me this week too.  So, what is a pond mani?  Well, I call this a jelly sandwich manicure but I heard that a jelly sandwich is layered with glitter, were a pond mani involves a sheer polish and a design.  Whether or not this true I'm not entirely sure (if you know, please comment).  I decided to do a simple cloud design because it is simple and I always have my head in the clouds.


Materials I used:
Base coat - Seche Vite
Sheer polish - Sinful Colors 'You Just Wait'
White polish - Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Medium/small dotting tool
Top coat - Seche Vite


Creating a pond manicure is fairly easy, I created a very similar manicure with heart's a couple of months ago.  You simple alternate between layers of your design (in this case clouds) and sheer polish.  On the previous design I started with a layer of sheer polish, however, this time around I started with my cloud layer first, and then applied a sheer layer.  I continued alternating between clouds and sheer until I was satisfied.  This time around it was about a total of nine layers; five layers of clouds, and four layers of sheer, beginning and ending with a cloud layer.


I love the cute little puffy clouds, which are simple random groupings of four or five dots.  It makes me long to get up there in the skies.  How I wish the weather would cooperate so I could do some flying (for those of you who don't know, my other hobby is aviation).      


A pond mani is so easy to create and can be done with flowers or just dots, really any shape that you can draw can be used to create a pond mani.  It allows you to practice one pattern repeatedly, and you can cover up mistakes with the next layer.


I hope you enjoyed this simple and cute, pink cloud manicure. As a side note, this is the first time I have ever completed a mani challenge.  Even though I didn't get them all done for their weekly due date, I did get them all done before the final deadline.  Hooray!  Thank you for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,
 

Pink Clouds @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger