Ciate London Flower Mani with a Vintage Twist

Hello Lovelies!  Happy Wednesday, I hope all of you are having a good week so far.  Today, I wanted to share with you a manicure kit from Ciate London, their flower manicure kit.  I originally found this kit at Sephora but passed it up because the price was too steep for my taste.  However, I was recently shopping at a local department store (Burlington Coat Factory) and found the same kit for a fifth of the price so I had to get it.


The kit includes a mini polish, a full size quick dry top coat, two pots of dried flowers, a pair of tweezers (out of place in the picture), and a nail file.  From the browsing I've done on the internet, it appears this kit comes in two color combination 'Bada Bloom' and 'Strike a Posy'.  This kit is the 'Bada Bloom' kit which consists of a pale blue polish 'Ferris Wheel' along with purple, blue, and reddish dried flowers.  The 'Strike a Posy' kit consists of a pink polish and yellow, blue, and white dried flowers.  I, of course, picked the blue kit because it is my favorite color. 


In addition to the kit I used a couple other items for this mani:
Base coat - Yellow Stopper
Secondary polish - purple polish, Ciate London 'Poppet'
Small dotting tool
Striping tape


I started out with three thin coats of the pale blue polish, and applied the quick drying top coat to my thumb and ring fingers.


Using a small dotting tool and the purple polish I dotted my pointer, mid, and pinky fingers.


When my thumb and ring fingers were dry I applied striping tape vertically along the nail and applied the purple polish over top, then immediately removed the tapes.


With the background design complete, I applied a layer of top coat and then placed dried flowers over top in random patterns.  I did pre-trim some of the flower pieces with a small pair of scissors.  Once, I was mostly satisfied with the placement of the flowers I applied two final layers of top coat.


Before, I tried this nail art design I was very keen of the idea of dried flowers on my nails.  However, now that I have tried them I find that I don't care for them as much as I though I would.  I like how they look but the one thing that makes me dislike them is that I could not get them to lay flat on my nails.  My nails are very curved both horizontally and vertically, I spent a great deal of time trying to press the flowers down.  I applied two layers of top coat hoping that it would weigh the flowers down but I still ended up having issues with the flowers sticking up, especially the purple ones.  I dislike this because the flowers will snag on things and the manicure will be ruined quicker because of it.


I really like the look of this manicure, but I'm sad about the finished product.  Sometimes, I really dislike having curved nails.  I am glad that I found this kit for a fraction of the originally price, I think I would have been even more unhappy with this if I had paid full price for the kit.  Considering I purchased the entire kit for far less than I would have spent on the top coat alone makes me more than okay with this purchase.  The kit itself is actually a great product because it includes everything you need for a basic dried flower manicure, it just didn't work out for me in the way I'd like.  I hope you found this review/tutorial useful, thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,