Garden Easter Egg Hunt

Hello Lovelies! Today is the first day of April, and the first decent day we've had here in NY in a long time. My nails of the day, are for two challenges; the weekly NPQ Spring challenge, and my first submission for a new Instagram challenge, the Freehand challenge, Flowers.  Of course, I had to make it an Easter themed manicure, well because Easter is coming up and it's my third favorite holiday.


This post is more of a show n' tell than a tutorial because it is primarily freehand and because my tripod broke which made it difficult to take pictures for each step.  However, I do have a few pictures to show you.  Special thanks to my hubby for helping me with taking the double hand shots.

I started off this design with two coats of Color Club 'Blank Canvas' and Nicole by OPI matte top coat.  I applied Ellagee's Liquid Latex Mask around my cuticles to help with the clean up process.


I then did a sponge gradient using Essie 'Truth or Flare,' 'Sew Psyched' and Color Club 'Blank Canvas'.  I removed the latex, performed a brief clean up and applied another layer of matte top coat.


Then using a large variety of brushes, dotting tools and acrylic paints, I freehand a scene including flowers, Easter eggs, and various other little things.  I topped this all off with a shiny top coat.


This turned out a bit more abstract than I intended it to, but I really like the way it looks.  It has everything that I wanted.  The above picture was painted with my non-dominant hand and I'm really proud of the control I have achieved with my left hand.  What more could I ask for, well maybe more fingers to paint on, because I'm so proud of this I don't want to take it off.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design just as much as me.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,