Clustered Dotticure

Hello Lovelies!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Today's nail art was created for this week's Freehand challenge on Instagram.  The prompt for this week is a dotticure.  I personally love creating dotticures, in my opinion they are one of the easiest form of nail art out there.  All you need is a dotting tool, a toothpick or bobby pin will work equally well and, of course, some polishes.  I've created a few different dotticures so I tried doing something a little different for this one, this is what I came up with this time around...


Materials I used:
Base coat - Yellow Stopper
White base polish - Color Club 'Blank Canvas'
Three shades of polish - Essie 'Sittin' Pretty,' 'Serial Shopper,' and 'Vices Versa'
Three dotting tools - small, medium, and large
Top coat - Rica 'Glossy Glam'


I started out with three thin coats of my white base polish.  This is not my usual go to white, I often use Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' but I decided to give this one a try.  Though it takes an extra coat to get the desired opacity it isn't as thick and has a smoother application.


I then proceeded with my dotticure.  For this design, I started with my smallest dotting tool and dotted a cluster of three dots in each of my polish colors.  I did two more layers of dots, increasing the dot size with each layer.  I overlapped some of the dots and the color pattern is random.  I topped it all off with Rica 'Glossy Glam' top coat, now that I've figured out the base time/way to apply this top coat it has become my favorite.


The colored polishes I used for this design are from last year's Neon collection from Essie's.  In all honesty, these are the worst neons I have ever worked with but they were perfect for this design because of the white base coat I used.


This is a great color scheme for the coming months, perfect for summer.  Its bright and eye-catching.  I can imagine wearing this to the beach, oh how I miss the beach, and summer, and all things warm.


I had a lot of fun creating this design.  I really do like creating dotticures, I could wear them everyday.  Dotticures are great for beginners and are a great way to test out different color combinations.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, I highly recommend giving a dotticure a try if you haven't tried one already.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,