Two-Toned Fanbrush

Happy Saturday!  Today, I bring you another super simple, super easy nail art.  This week's Nail That Technique Instagram challenge is Fan brush.  A fan brush is one of those wide brushes that looks like a fan (uh duh!).  In my opinion there isn't a whole lot you can do with a fan brush, in fact there are only two ways that I can think of to use them.  This is one of the ways...


Materials I used:
Base Coat - Seche Vite
Two shades of polish - I used Color Club 'Sweet Getaway' and 'Tall, Dark, & Handsome' both from the Love Tahiry collection.
Fan Brush
Top Coat - Rica 'Glossy Glam'

I applied two coats of the slightly less opaque of the two colors I choose which happened to be 'Sweet Getaway.'  This hot pink polish smells like roses, it's looks pretty and smells good too.

 
I then applied a stripe of my second color, 'Tall, Dark, & Handsome' (cologne scented) on one side of my nail with the polish applicator brush.  I then used my fan brush to pull the grey over the pink horizontally across my nail.  I repeated this twice on each nail to get the opacity that I wanted.


I alternated the grey on the left and right sides of my nails across all my fingers.  After performing a brush and acetone clean up I applied Rica's 'Glossy Glam' top coat to give it extra shine.  Between the rose and cologne scent my fingers smell like they are ready for a hot date, or they are a hot date ; )


This is a really simple nail art design that is near impossible to screw up and requires very little skill.  Basically, if you have two colors of polish and a fan brush you can create this nail art design.  It's easy enough to create with both your dominant and non-dominant hands with relative consistency too.  Sadly, I haven't gotten a replacement tripod for my broken one so you get single hand shots for now.  Hopefully, I'll get a replacement soon so I can show you double hand shots of future nail art.  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this super easy nail art design and that you'll give it a try yourself.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 
 

Two-Toned Fanbrush @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger