Painted Easter Eggs & Chick

Hello Chickies!  With Easter right around the corner I thought it would be fitting to create some fun Easter egg nails.  As a child, one of my favorite Easter activities was dying and decorating eggs.  As an adult Easter egg nails are the next best thing.  This is what I created...


Materials I used:
Base coat - Seche Vite
Bright pastel polishes, these are the majority of Lucky Lacquer Fleur Series including: 'Alpine Phlox,' 'Sweet Pea,' 'Fleur Rose,' 'Forget Me Not,' 'Teal We Meet Again,' 'Spring Charm,' 'Dahlia,' and 'Lavender.' If you would like to see swatches of these, check them out here.
Yellow polish - China Glaze 'Metro Pollen-tin'
Black, White, and Orange nail art stripers
Straight and chevron nail vinyls from nailvinyls.com
Dotting tool
Top coat - Seche Vite


I started this design out by painting three wide horizontal stripes on all my nails except for my ring finger, using various combinations of my bright pastels.  I wasn't very concerned about the stripes being perfect because much of this will be covered up. On my ring finger, I simply painted it yellow, for the Easter chick.  I did apply a quick drying top coat to speed up the drying time.


When my polish was dry I began my designs.  For the chick I simply applied two chevron vinyls horizontally at the top and bottom of my nail.  I filled in above and below the vinyl with white polish from a nail art striper and immediately removed the vinyls.  I then drew in a simple chick face using an orange nail art striper I drew a V-shape almost heart-like beak, and with black polish from a nail art striper and a dotting tool I placed two little beady eyes.


For the painted Easter eggs I alternated chevron and straight vinyls, keeping them with in the previously painted horizontal stripes.  I then choose a third color and painted over top of the entire nail.  I immediately removed my vinyls, exposing the colored stripes below.  I finished off the painted egg design by picking a fourth color and with a dotting tool filling in some area with decorative dots.


I alternated patterns with chevron, straight, chevron and patterns of straight, chevron, straight just to change it up a bit.  I didn't pre-plan my color patterns but just went with what seemed right as I was going along.  This is pretty much how I decorated eggs as a child.  I finished up with a final clean up and application of top coat.


This is a really cute and fun Easter design.  If you don't have vinyls you could cut tapes or even draw this freehand, however, the vinyls make it much quicker and easier to create.  I really like the way these turned out with some many fun combinations.  I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite, which one do you like the most?  I hope you enjoyed this Easter inspired nail art design, as a warning the majority (if not all) of my nail art designs planned this week are Easter inspired.  Thanks for hopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,