Dotted Stripe Nail Art

Happy Monday! I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and I hope your Monday is treating you well so far.  The weather is finally starting to warm up here in NY, the sun is shining, and I even heard birds singing this morning.  I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I think this just might be the beginning of Spring!

I originally planned this design using darker and more neutral colors, but I decided to change the color scheme to reflect the bright and cheery weather we have had the last couple of days.


I used four shades of China Glaze, to create this look.  I apologize but I forgot to take a picture of this with just the base shades but the colors are: the green is 'Grass is Lime Greener,' the pink is 'Peonies & Park Ave' both of these shades are from last springs City Flourish collection.  The blue is 'Capacity to See Beyond,' and the purple is 'The Giver's Theme,' both of these are from The Giver collection.

With my base colors applied, I used my second smallest dotting tool and began a pattern by placing a small dot near the smile line of my nail.  I then placed the next dot below, I continued the pattern vertically down the length of my nail.  I tried to place the dots as close together without overlapping them.  Make sure that you wipe the dotting tool after each color, so that the colors don't bleed or blend.


This is such a simple design but the final look is so fun and cute.  This is another great design for beginners because it doesn't require a great deal of skills or unique tools.  Remember, if you don't have dotting tools, you can use almost anything as a dotting tools; toothpicks, bobby pins, a needle, even an old pen that doesn't work could all be used as a dotting tool.


I am really glad I decided to do this with a bright colorful palette.  However, this design could be done with so many different color palettes to give it a different look.  For a soft spring look use pastels, for a subtle sultry look use darks and reds, or maybe you want to do a nautical them using blue, white, silver, and gold.  The possibilities with this one simple design are endless.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design as much as I am, and I hope you'll give it a try.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,