Indie Bunny Box Part 2 - Swatches, Swatches, and More Swatches

Hello Darlings!  Sorry for the delay but here is Part 2 of my review of the Indie Bunny Mani Box, I received last week.  If you missed Part One scroll down the page (or click the link highlighted).  This box has so many goodies in it that I had to break it down into two post, in one word this box is EPIC!

Here is a glimpse of what I will be showing you today...


To save from a great deal of redundancy I'll precursor the following swatches and let you know that each set includes a sunlight and lamplight pictures.  In all the sets the sunlight picture is on the left and the lamplight picture is on the right.  All macros are lamplight, as well.  All of these polishes are swatched without a top coat except one which I will point out when we get to that one.  Also instead of burying the links for each indie makers store in the text, I am including links to all the indie makers that contributed to this box set at the very end of this post.  Hopefully, this will make it easier for you to go and visit their shops.  Now without further adieu here are the gorgeous Easter themed lovelies...

6 Harts Polish 'Blue Eyed Bunny'

 

As always I'm a sucker for any blue polish and this one is no exception.  This gorgeous steely pastel blue polish is an awesome jelly full of sparkly micro glitter.  Shown here in three coats, it is still a bit translucent.  I think this would be a great polish for layering.  Of course, it is very beautiful on its own too!


Paint Box Polish "Marshmallow Peeps'



I was a bit surprised because I expected more yellow polishes in this box set.  I think its because for me yellow is the signature color of Easter.  Almost every Easter dress I wore as a child was some shade of yellow or included yellow.  So, thank you Paint Box for making this beautiful shade that took me down memory lane.  This gorgeous pastel yellow, is full of white silvery flakies that was very difficult to capture on camera.  The flakies gives it a shimmery affect that takes this polish over the top.  You can see the silvery flakies better in the macro shots below. For a yellow polish this was very opaque, however this is swatched in 3 coats, because the polish was a little thicker than I'm used to and I was having difficulty with streaks.  I probably should have allowed more drying time between coats.


Above the Curve 'Rockin Robin'



This is one of my favorites in the box set.  This polish is a perfect robin's egg blue, with darker blue flecks and just a bit of holographic shimmer.  For me, this is perfect in every way, perfect color, perfect finish, perfect name.  I love it!  Shown here in two coats, with a super smooth shine finish even without any top coat.


Alter Ego 'Chocolates Bunny'




This is truly one of the more unique polishes of the set.  This is an awesomely opaque chocolate brown polish full of gold shimmer.  Shown in two coats, this lovely polish dries to a satiny matte finish.


However, if satin matte finishes aren't your thing they included their 'She Shines' topcoat.  This gives the polish a beautiful shine and dries pretty quickly too.



Smokey Mountain Lacquers 'Eggstra Special'



This polish is truly Eggstra Special, I love the puny names.  This polish is an awesome medium blue crelly with fun matte glitter pieces.  There are yellow hexes, purple squares, and larger pink circles.  However, I couldn't get any of the circles out and on my nails, but you can see them in the bottle shots.  I'm still really new to crelly glitters, this being my second one ever so I'm still figuring out the best way to apply them.  I did place the bottle upside down overnight, in an attempt to get the glitters to sink to the top but it didn't seem to help me much.  I still love the color of this polish (it being blue and all).  Shown here in two coats.


Finger Lickin Lacquer 'Rockin Robin'



First off, I love the name of this brand and the labeling is spot on.  Second, this polish surprised me.  Have you ever seen an outfit on a mannequin and thought that's pretty but there's no way it'll look good on me.  Then you try it on and you find out, it's actually perfect for you.  This polish was that outfit for me, lol!  When I first saw it I thought this is really unique and pretty, but it probably won't look good against my fair skin, but it turns out it looks awesome on me and I absolutely love it.  In the bottle it appears to be a fuchsia like color, but because it is a jelly polish it actually appears more pink against my skin.  This incredible jelly polish is full of small and medium bright blue hexes and there is just a hint of sparkle too!  Shown here in two coats.  I am seriously in love!!!



Firecracker Lacquer 'Purple Peep-le Eater'



This is a very fun crelly, right here.  The entire time I was swatching this, and even now I can't stop singing the song 'One-eyed, one-horn, flying purple peep-le eater!'.  This awesomely bright lilac purple cream glitter is full of matte white and yellow hexes, medium dark purple shiny hexes and little bits of sparkle.  Perfect with just two coats.


Sweet Heart Polish 'Peach Cobbler' & 'Sprinkles!'



'Peach Cobbler' is an absolutely beautiful cream polish.  It is a pale peachy pink, and as much as I hate to admit it (because I claim not to like pink shades) this looks amazing on me (or at least I think so).  Swatched here in three thin coats, it is incredible! 


Sweet Heart Polish also included this fun packed clear base glitter topper, 'Sprinkles!' which pairs up with Peach cobbler perfectly.  It looks like a party in a bottle, with too many shapes and colors for me to name here.  I really love how it goes with 'Peach Cobbler'.

Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquers 'Queen Lime Rose Zinnia'



I believe green polishes are the most under-rated polish shades of all.  This absolutely gorgeous polish is a perfectly opaque pastel green with a beautiful pink shimmer.  I fear my pictures just don't do this polish true justice, it is so incredibly pretty.  Shown here in two coats, and look how shiny it is without a top coat.


Philly Loves Lacquer 'Wooder Ice'



This is by far one of the most unique polishes I have ever seen.  This is a super fun pastel matte micro glitter polish with bits of sparkle glitter too! I could find, minty green, pale yellow, pastel blue, and I think a very pale pink color glitter too.  This is very opaque for a glitter polish, you can get full coverage in two to three coats, shown here with just two.


Ellagee 'Jeweled Egg Hunt'



I saved this one for last because I feel this is the true gem of this box set (not that all the others aren't gorgeous because they are).  This is so pretty, it was difficult to look away from, and I just love the little bunny bling she put on the bottle too!  This glitter polish has a smoky clear base full of small holographic gold glitter, small dark burgundy pieces, larger holographic burgundy hexes and squares, and a sprinkling of rose pink pieces too.  Shown here in three coats without any base color.  I think this would look really stunning over a burgundy or gold polish.


Final Thoughts


I am so glad I was able to get my hands on this wonderfully festive collaboration set.  It was a great way from me to get to know the products of some great indie makers and try things I never even knew I needed.  Even though I originally balked at the price $80 including shipping and handling, I now realize this was a tremendous bargain.  Considering that the average price of an indie polish is anywhere between $8-$15 this is really a steal.  Especially, since all the products are phenomenal.  There is not one product I was disappointed by and I will definitely be ordering from these makers again in the future.

If you read the previous post, Part 1, you know this was a very limited edition set that sold out relatively quickly.  However, I did hear through the Instagram grapevine that there are four (yes only four) remaining box sets that Ellagee will be selling this Saturday at 4pm CST.  Remember this set previously sold out in about six minutes the last time it was listed, so if you really want this, set an alarm and be ready and waiting at your computer to order this. 

If you are unable to get the box set, I still highly recommend you check out the other products these wonderful indie makers have to offer.  Some of these products from this box set are available for individual sale, and if not they have a great many other lovely polishes to choose from.  I know because I have been ogling all their pretty polishes for the past week.  Know I'm having a hard time deciding who I'm going to order from first.  I know that if they do another collaboration that I'm going to jump on it in a heartbeat!

I hope you enjoyed all these beautiful swatches and found the reviews helpful.  I'm curious if any of you have tried any of these products?  If you haven't tried any of these brands, who did you find the most appealing?  Comment below, I would love to hear from you.  It might help me decide who I'm going to purchase from first.  Thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 


Ellagee
6 Harts Polish
Paint Box Polish
Above the Curve
Alter Ego
Smokey Mountain Lacquers
Finger Lickin' Lacquer
Firecracker Lacquer
Sweet Heart Polish
Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer
Philly Loves Lacquer
Digital Nails
Gothic Gala Lacquers
Monster Polish
Rica