Gilded Gold Shamrock

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  I had so many ideas for St. Paddy's Day nail art designs, but like always I didn't have enough time to create them all.  However, I wanted to create one more design for this week's Nail Polish Queens' Challenge.  I saved this one for the NPQ challenge because I felt the design was fit for a queen.


I happen to find some gold calligraphy ink the last time I was at my local craft store, so I thought it was time to try another calligraphy pen design.  I used a calligraphy pen in a previous Valentine's Day design and I really liked using it.  This is what I came up with this time around...


I created the gilded gold shamrocks over Revlon Colorstay 'Rain Forest' which I topped with a matte topcoat.  I find that the matte topcoat helps applying the calligraphy ink. 


I decided when the design was complete to add a glossy top coat, and paired it with one of the polishes from the 7 Tales of Luck & Whiskey indie collaboration set I mentioned in my last post.


This seriously glittery green and gold polish is Simply Beautiful 1973 'Blarney Stone.'  I'm not a big glitter fan, I never really have been but I just can't get enough of this.  It's so sparkly and incredibly opaque, I applied two coats both in the swatches and for today's nail art.


As for today's nail art, you can see from the pictures that I drew the design on both hands.  This is the first time I have ever wielded a calligraphy pen with my non-dominant hand.  Though I need a great deal of practice with using the calligraphy pen (with both hands), I am pretty pleased with the results.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, and I hope you are all having a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.  Thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,