Patriotic Waterfall

Hello Lovelies!  Today, I have a super easy, super quick nail art design that will work on any nail length or shape.  You don't need a lot of skill to create this look so it is perfect for a beginner too.  I've created one of these waterfall manicures once before, my ROYGBIV Waterfall Nail Art design.  I used the same exact technique but used a red, white, and blue patriotic color scheme...


Materials I used:
Base coat - INM Ridge Free
White base - Color Club 'Blank Canvas'
Art Club stripers - red, blue, and silver
Top coat - Beauty Plus Salon

I began with a nice white blank canvas, using 'Blank Canvas' (what a befitting name, for a white polish).


I then used my three nail art stripers in red, blue, and silver to create the waterfall.  A waterfall manicure is simply a series of vertical stripes that run different lengths of the nail (often about halfway) and typically start from the smile line (cuticle area) or the tip of the nail.  Of course, all of these variances are up to you.  I began with red...


I then used blue to stripe in between the red stripes...


I finished up with silver, using it to fill in the slightly wider spaces.


Lastly, perform any clean up if necessary and apply your favorite topcoat, and you're done.  Super simple and super quick.  This took me approximately 30 minutes, including photographing.  If I didn't have take the time to take pictures I probably could have done this in 10-15 minutes. 


This is a perfect patriotic mani for someone who has limited skill, limited time (because your to busy getting ready for that Fourth of July party this weekend), and it's great for any nail length.  You may have noticed in my step-by-step pictures that my mid-finger was significantly shorter than the rest.  I had an epic break yesterday, when I was folding laundry, of all things!  Normally, I would avoid photographing a hand with a broken nail but I decided to use it as a guide to show you that this also works on short nails too.


I really hope you enjoyed this quick, easy, Fourth of July nail art design.  I will be posting one more Fourth of July manicure, so stay tuned.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,