Glitzy Gift Wrapped Nails

Today's #whatruwearingwed nail art design is the second nail art entry for NPQ's 12 Days of Christmas nail art challenge: "Eleven Pretty Presents".  I personally like my presents wrapped in fancy papers with big bows.


Materials
Base and top coat
Glitter polish
Red polish
Black polish
Stripping brush

I started this design off with Milani 'Gold Glitz.'  I found this polish recently at my local dollar store and couldn't pass it up.  If you have a dollar store near you I recommend you check it out periodically.  I was really amazed to find this gorgeous glittery gold there.  This is a two coat application.


I then used China Glaze 'Seeing Red' from the Giver collection and a stripping brush to draw horizontal lines across my nails.  I drew this slightly higher than I would for a french tip but not quite at the mid point of my nail.


On my accent finger, in this case my ring finger, I drew a vertical strip down the middle of my nail with the same red.


I then began drawing a bow in the red polish in the middle of my t-shape on my ring finger.  I started the bow of by drawing an x-shape over the center of the t-shape.  I then enclosed the ends of the x-shape and filled it in.


I finished off the look by using Sinful Colors 'Black on Black' and the same stripping brush I used previously to outline my ribbon and bow.


These nails are so cutely wrapped, ready to be set under the Christmas tree.  Now I just need to get my Christmas tree.  Don't forget to head over to my Facebook page and post your #whatruwearingwed manicure.  You can also use the previously mention hashtag on Instagram, and tag me @polish_plebe in the comments so that I can find it easily.  Please be sure to like and follow me while you're there. You can also like and follow me by clicking the 'Join this Site' icon on the top right hand side of this page, or through Google+Bloglovin, and/or Pinterest.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, and I really hope you'll share what's on your fingers today, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,