Watermarble Striping

This weeks Blogger Bragger challenge is watercolor.  I have always been in love with watercolor/marble nail art designs.  It was the first nail art design technique and one of the many I have tried that I can't even come close to getting right.

I discovered an artist on Instagram, (this is one of my favorite stomping grounds as of late,) she goes by @banicured.  She does the most lovely designs and water marbles.  This design was inspired by her.  The technique is relatively simple if you've done any water marbling at all.  It's also a great water marble design to start with  if you are a beginner too.


Materials
Cup
Water
Base and top coat
Various shades of polish

Just like with any water marble technique you start with a cup/bowl  of water.  I like to use a disposable plastic cup cut down for my bowl.  I also use bottled water because I have had poor results using my tap and filtered water.  Everyone's water is different and the only way to find out what works for you is trial and error.


I prepped my fingers by applying my lightest shade of polish.  For this design I am using three shades from Essie's Dress to Kilt Collection.  My base color is 'Take it Outside'.  I also taped the cuticles of my fingers to speed up the clean up process.  I have tried glue but it doesn't work well for me.


I then created my water marble rings using 'Take it Outside', 'Dress to Kilt', and 'Partner in Crime'.
Usually at this point you break out your toothpick or orange stick and start creating swirls and various shapes in your water marble, but not for this design.


At this point you just dip your fingers, clean the surface, pull your fingers out.


Remove the tape, clean up your cuticles, and apply your favorite top coat.


I like this simplified version of water marbling because it allows you to work on your dropping technique, and your placement.  I have a really difficult time with placement.  I love water marbling but find it so frustrating.  This was a good nail art design because it allowed me to enjoy the water
marbling process and obtain a descent result.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,