Candy Corn Nail Art

It is time to get into the Halloween spirit. One of the first things that comes to mind when I think of Halloween is Candy Corn. Candy corn is the staple candy of the holiday, so I thought I would kick of my Halloween manicures spotlighting this cone shaped goodness.


Materials
Base coat
Black, white, yellow, & orange polish
Sponge
Matte top coat (optional)

I started this nail art design with Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' on all fingers except my accent finger (my ring finger in this case). For my accent finger I started with Nabi 'Black'.


Using a makeup sponge I did a gradient sponging in traditional candy corn colors. I used Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White', China Glaze 'Metro Pollen-tin,' and OPI 'Can't Afjord Not To.' I then did a little cuticle clean up, but you can do this at the end if you prefer.


Using a black nail art stripper I drew a triangle shape over the gradient, like so…


I then filled in the outside of the triangle with black.


For my accent finger, I drew random white triangles with a white nail art stripper. I then used a yellow and an orange nail art stripper to make them little candy corns.


I mattified the entire manicure with NY Colors 'Matte Me Crazy' top coat. I think the matte finish more accurately represents candy corn.


This is a cute and simple Halloween nail art design that I think would look good on both short and long nails. I'm so excited that Halloween is on its way, it is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. So, you can expect to see a few more Halloween designs from me. I hope you will give this easy design a try, thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,