Sugar Spun Candy Corn Nails

Hello Lovelies!  We are officially one week into October, which means that Halloween is only three weeks away! Many of you already know that Halloween is my favorite holiday ever! For many people Halloween is all about the candy and goodies, so I decided to represent with the most iconic Halloween candy of all, candy corn.  Personally, I don't like candy corn but I love the colors and everybody thinks Halloween when they see them.  Last year I created a gradient candy corn design, so this year I wanted to try something a little different...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"
Polishes - Sinful Colors "Black on Black", Butter London "East End" & "Brick Lane"
Scotch tape
Toothpick
Topcoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"

I began with a black base polish topped with a quick drying topcoat.


Once dry, I prepped my finger by placing two pieces of scotch tape to create a triangular shape on my finger.  Using my Uber Mat as a work surface, I placed three dots of polish in white, orange, and yellow.  In order to create a sugar spun design the polish needs to thicken enough to become stringy.  When you are able to pull the polish up with a toothpick its ready for spinning.  Stir the polish a bit with the toothpick to speed up the process a bit.  When the polish is ready, simply pull strings of polish across the nail until you are satisfied with the coverage,  I repeated this process with each color.


When finished spinning, remove the tapes.  Clean up with gentle acetone and a brush if necessary.  I chose not to apply any topcoat over this, because I didn't want to ruin the textured affect.  If you choose to use a topcoat be sure to allow ample time for the design to dry, otherwise it will run when you apply the topcoat.


Even though I don't like the taste of candy corn I love this look, and it was incredibly easy to create.


I hope you enjoyed this quick simple Halloween nail art design too.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,