Nail Art Nation Many Swap - Team Cryza

Hello Lovelies! Today, I have a mani swap for you, but its not just any ol' mani swap. As many of you know I am a member of a wonderful Google+ Community, Nail Art Nation. This is a great community that allows like minded nail fanatics to get together and share their creations, hauls, questions, concerns, and various other nail related topics. Recently, our wonderful NAN moderators came up with the idea to have a random group mani swap. The rules were very simple, volunteer to participate, then you'd be assigned a partner.  Once we were assigned a partner we had two weeks to recreate one of their nail art designs. I almost didn't participate because my schedule has been a bit crazy lately, but they needed one more participant to make an even team, so I made time. I was paired with the amazingly talented Eliza and thus we were named team Cryza!

The hardest part of this mani swap was picking which mani of Eliza's to recreate.  Eliza's artwork is beautiful, and I wanted to recreate a design that I could do justice.  I was also having a hard time picking just one, because they are all so pretty.  After selecting a few that I really liked and I thought I could recreate without creating shame, I randomly selected a design.  I ended up choosing her "Sand on the Asphalt" mani and she recreated my "Dotted Stripe" nail art design.

In Eliza's original nail art design she used textured polishes to create her interesting geometrical design.  Sadly, I do not own any textured polishes (I don't care for textures on my fingers), so to create a similar affect I used holos over a crème base.


For my version of this nail art design, I used Color Club "Tall, Dark, & Handsome" for my base, which is a cologne scented crème polish from The Love Tahiry collection.  For my two accent holo colors I used Gothic Gala Lacquers "Dash My Wig" from the Victorian Era collection, and "Make it So" from the limited edition Star Trek collection (no longer available).

Eliza has a wonderful tutorial/pictorial on her blog, "Me, Myself and My Nails", I recommend you go check it out.  While you are there, please follow her blog and check out all of her other fantastic designs, trust me you won't be disappointed.  You can also find her on Instagram @okeliza

I hope you enjoyed the nail art in this very fun mani swap.  I can't wait for NAN to hold another swap, I'll be sure to sign up for it.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.
Your Fellow Plebe,