Side Single Chevron

Hello Lovelies!  I have a nail art for you that wasn't really planned but just kind of happened.  I just pulled a few polishes off my nail polish rack that seemed like they complimented one another and just started painting.  This is what I came up with...


Materials I used:
Base coat: Seche Vite
Sparkly pink: Zoya 'Harper'
Mint crelly glitter: Sincerely Polish 'Lucky in Love'
Pink crème: Zoya 'Kartridge'
Single chevron nail vinyls from nailvinyls.com
Top coat: Rica 'Glossy Glam'

I started out with two coats of sparkly pink on my pinky, pointer, and thumb, and two coats of my mint crelly glitter on my on my mid and ring fingers.


I used single chevron vinyls and applied them to the sides of my nail, with the point roughly center.  I applied two coats of pink crème within the V-shape and then removed the vinyls.


I finished up the by applying a layer of top coat and strategically placing glitter pieces from 'Lucky in Love' over the mint area, and placed a single heart piece at the point of my sideways V.


I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this nail art design.  It kind of reminds me of an 80's Barbie-esque look.  I do like how the pink and mint compliment each other though.


I pre-plan many of my nail art design, I keep a notebook and right out details and draw sketches.  I often plan designs out months in advance before I actually create them.  It was kind of refreshing to just grab some polishes and do whatever seemed natural, even if I'm not 100% sure about the outcome.


I'm curious how do you do nail art, do you plan it in advance or do you just do it as you go along?  I hope you like my 80's Barbie style nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,