Abstract Vines and Flowers

Hello Lovelies!  Sorry for the long time no post, last week I was very busy preparing for one of my most favorite events, The Steampunk World's Fair.  Yeah, I'm into cosplay too!  Just one of my many other hobbies!  Sadly, I didn't have time for nails and barely had time for maintenance, which means my nails are in a terrible state.  However, Cindy (my right hand) mostly survived, so you'll be seeing a lot of her until my nails grow back enough to reshape them.

Either way, I really wanted to get back to my favorite hobby, nail art.  I created this abstract-ish flower and vine design for this week's Freehand IG challenge for the Nature prompt...


Materials I used:
Base coat - Seche Vite
Green polish - Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer 'Queen Lime Rose Zinnia'
Pale peach polish - Sweet Heart Polish 'Peach Cobbler'
Bright pink polish - Zoya 'Rooney'
Dark green and white acrylic paint
Black polish from a nail art striper
Various of brushes
Top coat - Rica 'Glossy Glam'


I started off with two coats of BEGL 'Queen Lime Rose Zinnia', this is truly one of the most gorgeous green polishes I have ever seen.  It is a pale green with a beautiful pink holo shimmer.  You can see the shimmer in the bottle a bit better than on my nails.  I haven't been able to take a picture that does this polish any justice.


Using green acrylic paint and a small brush, I drew curlicue vines across all my nails.


Then with white acrylic paint and a brush I painted large flowers extending from various parts of my nails.  I also dotted some smaller flower buds.


I then switched to polish and used a pale peach, with a small brush I filled in most of the large white flowers, leaving some of the white exposed.


I then used a bright pink and created another layer inside the pale peach, again leaving part of the previous layer exposed.  I also used this bright pink to dot the center of my little flower buds.


I added one final splash of white at the flowers centers, stippled black dots in the flowers centers, did a bit of cuticle clean up and applied a top coat.


Because my right hand is in such disrepair you only get one duel shot, and here it is (be nice)...


I love how the pink and green compliment each other in this nail art design.  When I think of nature (the theme of the challenge),  I think green and flowers.


I really hope my nails grow back quick, they usually do (fingers-crossed they don't disappoint me this time).  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,