Double Stamping

Hello Lovelies!  Today, I have a design created for the last prompt of the Nail That Technique IG challenge for April.  The prompt is for the double stamping technique.  This seems like a very easy tasks, because it just involves stamping two images over one another.  However, I have no luck with stamping, but I had to try anyways.  I also decided to go with a color scheme that I wouldn't normally do...


Materials I used:
Base coat - Seche Vite
Neon green polish - Fairytale Finish 'Radioactive Leprechaun'
Purple polish - Lucky Lacquer 'Dahlia'
Black polish - Sinful Colors 'Black on Black'
Stamping plate - Pureen 06
Black stamping polish - from bornprettystore.com
Stamper and scraper (I use an old credit card for a scrapper, I find it works best)
Striping tape
Top coat - Rica 'Glossy Glam'


I started out this design with my two coats of green on my mid and ring finger, and two coats of black on my thumb, pointer, and pinky.  I was going to apply a quick drying top coat, but I found that the polish I used dried very quickly and opted not to add the unnecessary layer of polish.  I find the fewer or thinner coats of polish I use the longer the manicure lasts.


With my base color dry, I started my double stamping design on my ring finger.  There are many ways to do a double stamped design, but either way the technique is the same.  You simply stamp two images on one nail.  You can use two different images or you can use the same image in two different colors.  I opted for the later and used the same image but with two different colors.  I started with a layer of black stamped dots.


Using the same image and my purple polish, I stamped the same image but I flipped it upside down.


Because I am not very good with stamping, I decided to do a simple vertical stripe design on my mid finger.  I applied striping tapes, then filled in the exposed areas alternating between my black and purple polish.  I removed the tape between stripes as I was painting to keep from pulling the polish.


I then performed my usual clean up and applied a layer of top coat.


This is not the best stamping job, but its not bad for me.  I was hoping that the purple stamping would have shown up a bit better over the green but I think it ended up creating an interesting subtle affect. 


As for the color scheme, I didn't think I liked it at first but it has quickly grown on me.  It kind of reminds me of Beetle Juice.  What do you think of the colors? Yay or nay?  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 


Double Stamping @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger