April's Nail That Technique Challenge Recap

Hello Lovelies!  I have a lot of new nail art planned for the coming week's I just have to find time to create them, take pictures, edit, write, and post them for you to view.  In the meantime I wanted to recap all the designs I created for April's Nail That Technique IG Challenge. 


For the fan brush technique I created a simple two-tone design http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2015/04/two-toned-fanbrush.html.  In hindsight, I consider this to be the least exciting design I created for this challenge, but I do like the colors.


I was excited about the Geometric Gradient prompt, because I have recently fallen in love with gradients.  This prompt helped me take my gradient designs to a new level. http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2015/04/geometric-gradient.html


For the next prompt, Glitter Tint my biggest challenge was I don't own any tints so I had to create my own.  Creating tints isn't difficult but getting the opacity just right can be a bit tricky.  However, I really liked how these turned.  http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2015/04/leopard-print-glitter-tint.html
I had a really difficult time getting clear pictures of this design because the glitter was so sparkly.


I just finished and posted the last prompt of the challenge yesterday.  The prompt for Double Stamping was probably the biggest challenge for my skills because I have a terrible time stamping.  Because I didn't have high hopes for this design, I decided to go with a color scheme that I wouldn't normally do.  This manicure turned out a bit better than I anticipated, even though the stamping isn't the greatest, and I actually really like the color scheme.  http://ilovemanicures.blogspot.com/2015/05/double-stamping.html


This is the third month in a row that I have participated in this challenge, and the second month in a row that I completed all the prompts.  I really like this challenge because it allows me to try techniques I have never tried before or prompts me to work on ones that I need to practice.  Though there hasn't been a posting for May's prompts yet, I plan on participating in this challenge again.  I hope you enjoyed these designs, and join in, in this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,