Sweet Cupcake Nail Art

This week's Nail Polish Queens' challenge is cakes.  Since, my daughter turned two today I decided to create cute cartoon cupcakes that I thought she would enjoy.  My little queen in training loves to look at my nails when they are painted.  I love when she grabs my hand and oogles my artwork, often exclaiming "Momma, look at the pretties!"  Though I don't want her to grow up too fast, I can't wait till she can enjoy the process of creating nail art as much as I do.


I started of this design with Ciate 'Boom Box' on my thumb and pinky, along with Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' on my mid finger.  I left my pointer and ring bare except for a base coat, but I'll be adding the cupcakes next.


To create the cupcakes, I freehanded a French tip with Ciate 'Kiss Chase'.  You could tape your tip off if you prefer, but since the edge is going to be covered I decided to use this as an opportunity to practice.  Using a striping brush and my blue polish, I created stripes on my tip to decorate my cupcake liner.  Next, I used a medium dotting tool and white polish to create the frosting edge of my cupcake along the top of the French tip.  Using the applicator brush of my white polish I added the top of the cupcake.  I then used a large dotting tool and Ciate 'Mistress' to dot a cherry on top.  You can stop there if you want simple cupcakes, but I went a head and used black polish (Sinful Colors 'Black on Black') to create a happy face.


On my mid finger I freehand the phrase 'You're so sweet' using a thin brush that I trimmed down to make even thinner, with my blue polish.  I choose this phrase versus 'Happy Birthday' because my daughter is sweeter than any cupcake, plus this is more universal.


I performed a little clean up and added a top coat.  These are a big hit with my little munchkin, I hope you enjoyed them too.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

 
Your Fellow Plebe,