Essie's Cashmere Matte Collection Swatches and Review

Today, is an incredibly cold day here in New York.  We are experiencing record low temperatures and incredibly strong winds.  So, what better to share with you than Essie's Cashmere Matte Collection.


All the swatches you are about to see are applied in 2-3 coats.  Of course, they do not have a top coat, applying a top coat on a matte finish polish kind of defeats the purpose of it being matte. 

Wrap Me Up


This is a perfect off white.  Even though it is a white shade it is still very warm and inviting.  I love this color with the matte finish.



All Eyes on Nudes


This tan nude shade is a great polish for those of you who are not allowed to wear bright or overpowering polishes at work.  I personally don't find this shade very exciting, but I feel it rounds out the collection nicely.

 
 

Just Stitched


This soft pink shade is just to sweet.  The iridescent shimmer gives it so much color.  Some how this color is both subtle, yet still manages to be an eye catcher.  The matte with iridescent shimmer are beautifully unique.



Comfy in Cashmere


This is a very interesting purple grey shade.  For me this is a unique color, I don't think I own anything like it.  This too, has an iridescent shimmer that makes it incredibly beautiful.



Coat Couture


This falls in the same family as Comfy in Cashmere but is more purple and a little cooler in tone.  I tend to avoid purple shades, I don't feel they compliment my skin tone well.  However, I wore this shade all weekend and I really liked it.  The rich tone, matte, and iridescent combo makes this a shade worth wearing.



Spun in Lux


The name of this shade is fitting because this color is so luxurious.  Though in some light this appears to be nearly black, it is a very dark navy blue.  It was mostly opaque with one coat, but I did two for good measure.  This is my favorite color of the collection, I can't help but to drool over this dark color and iridescent shimmer.



For those of you who do not have any experiences with matte polish, it does dry relatively quickly.  This is mostly a benefit but for those of you that paint slowly you may experiences streaks because of how quickly it dries.  Also, if you have heavily ridged nails you may want to use a ridge filler base.  I did not use a ridge filler, and though you can't see it in the pictures I could notice some ridges through the polish.

Matte polishes are all the craze right now but this collection kicked it up a notch with excellent colors most of which have a beautiful shimmer.  If you like soft colors or neutral shades this is a great collection.  If you work in an environment with a dress code that does not allow bright polishes or overpowering nail art this is a perfect collection for a professional person.

I hope you enjoyed these swatches (Yay! I finally got a macro lens, what did you think of the macro pics?) and found the review useful.  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are staying warm, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,