Lattice Glitter Gradient

For Christmas, my best friend got me Sally Hansen Triple Shine 'Dream Sequins.'  I love copper tones so this was just perfect for me.  It has been sitting in my untried stash for far too long, but I was having a hard time deciding what to do with it.  This is what I finally came up with...


I started off with OPI 'Thank Glogg It's Friday' and a quick drying top coat.  I was originally going to use a black base color but I decided that this rich burgundy color would give this nail art design a more sultry look.


Once my polish dried I applied stripping in tape in a criss-cross pattern near my cuticle. With the tapes in place I sponged my 'Dream Sequins' over the lattice.  I did this in 3-4 coat applications, concentrating nearer to the cuticle with each layer.  Of course, I then removed the tapes, performed some clean up and applied a final layer of top coat.


 I am really glad that I went with this burgundy base color instead of the black.  Though the black and copper would have been nice, I think this combo is slightly more unique.  I'm also glad I finally got to use this beautiful glitter polish (though I know I'll be complaining later when I have to take it off).


I hope you enjoyed this simple yet glitzy nail art design.  Thank you for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,