What a Bloody Mess! Nail Art Design

This gore-some nail art design was inspired by two of my favorite Instagramers. This was a very messy nail art project but it was fun.


Materials
Nude or white polish
Red polish
Small detail brush
Straw
Lots of cleanup supplies

I started out with three coats of Essie 'Spin the Bottle'. This color is a very fleshy nude color that goes well with my skin tone. I also applied a coat of Essie's fast drying top coat over this.


For my thumbs and pinkies I painted bloody drips using Essie 'Dress to Kilt'. I did this in the same manner as my Ice Cream Nail design and my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Nail design. The only difference is that I painted the drips along my cuticle instead of my tips.


For my pointer and mid-finger I did a good ol' simple straw splatter. I didn't do pictures of this process because it is very messy and I didn't want to mess up my light box. These are inspired by @mrswhite8907 Dexter inspired nails.


For my ring finger I accented with a bloody finger print. This was inspired by @banicured Crime Scene nail art design. I also used the same process. Using a finger on my working hand for me my thumb was the easiest. I painted my finger tip with red polish, blotted it on a paper towel, and then pressed it on my nail in a rolling motion to create the finger print image. You want to be sure that your base polish is mostly dry for this technique. Mine was not the first time around and the base color polish ended up sticking to my printing finger and peeled off, so I had to do it a second time.


After an hour of clean up, okay maybe it didn't take an hour but it sure felt like it, I applied my top coat. This project was really messy and my fingers are stained a bit.  Red polish always stains my skin, so I'll probably have pink fingers for a couple of weeks, but I still really enjoyed this nail art design.  I hope you enjoy them too.


These gore-geous nails were so messy but they are perfect for Halloween addicts and gore lovers alike. I hope these bloody nubbies grossed you out, just a little. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,