Tie-Dye Tutorial

Summer palettes bring bright bold colors.  Bright bold colors reminds me of fun funky tie‐dye patterns.  So here is a super easy tutorial on how to create your own tie‐dye manicure.




Materials
Top and base coat
White or light polish (for your base color)
A variety of color polishes (I am using all the colors for the Essie's 2014 Neon Collection)
Fan brush



After applying your base coat, apply your base color.  For my design I used OPI's Alpine Snow, my staple white polish.

Then with your fan brush and color polish create a circle‐ish shape.  You can start at any point.


With a second color and your fan brush, fan a second color on the outside of your first color.  Allow it to overlap slightly to give it that tie‐dye affect.  You can apply the polish as thick or as thin as you want.


Repeat applying waves of color until your nail is filled, or you have your desired look.  Perform a little clean up around the cuticle and apply a top coat to seal in your design and create a smooth glassy shine.










This design is super easy and a whole lot of fun.  You can do it on one or all of your fingers and use as many colors as you like.  Try changing up the colors and directions on each finger like I did here…


I hope you enjoyed this funky tie‐dye tutorial.  See you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,

Tie-Dye Tutorial @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger