Polka Dots and Stripes

Many people get their inspiration for nail art from fashion.  Sadly, my 14 month old daughter is more fashionable than I am.  In fact, she has a really cute outfit that I love which inspired me to do this nail art.


Materials
Base coat and top coat
Serial Shopper by Essie
Alpine Snow by OPI
Stone Jungle by Marc Jacobs
Drying drops from Nicole by OPI
Dotting tool
Striping Tape






After applying my base coat I applied two coats of Serial Shopper over Alpine Snow on my thumb and pointer finger.  On my middle finger I applied two coats of Alpine Snow.  On my ring and pinky fingers I applied one coat of Stone Jungle.  I used drying drops to speed up the drying process.


With a medium dotting tool I dotted Alpine Snow over Serial Shopper on my thumb and pointer fingers.


On my middle finger I taped off the tip and then and painted the main part of my finger with Serial Shopper and the tip with Stone Jungle.


On my ring and pinky fingers I placed three tape strips and painted Alpine Snow over top.


This is how I replicated the cute patterns from one of my favorite outfits of my favorite little  person.  Its bright, fun, and cute just like my little munchkin.  I'm curious where do you get your inspiration from?


If you like this tutorial or other posts I've made and want to see more follow me through Google+, Bloglovin, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and/or Nails 2 Die For.  See you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,
To follow me on Google+ click the "Add to Circles" icon on the top right hand side of this page, under Google+ Followers.
Follow me @ Bloglovin
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me @ Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me @ Nails2diefor