Mr. Sun

Hello Lovelies!  I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely weekend.  I just finished a mani for this week's Freehand Challenge: Weather prompt.  I had a hard time deciding what kind of weather I was going to try to paint on my nails, because I love all kinds of weather (except for snow).  However, I was inspired by my little cutie pie, who is two.  She loves to sing songs about the sun, such as Mister Sun and You are My Sunshine.  So, of course, I had to go with a sunshine nail art design, and I decided to make it a bit cartoony because she is two.

Materials I used:
Basecoat - Yellow Stopper
Base color - Lucky Lacquer 'Forget Me Not'
Acrylic paints - the set I used is from bornprettystore.com.  The set cost $10.89 and includes 12 colors, 4 brushes, and 2 paint palettes.  Its a great value, plus you can use code: CREATEX31 for 10% off.
Brush from acrylic set
Matte topcoat from Nicole by OPI
Glossy topcoat from Ciate London


I began with two clean coats of my favorite light bright blue polish, which I topped with a matte topcoat.  I almost always use a matte topcoat when I am using acrylic paints because I feel the paints apply smoother and cleaner over a matte finish.  If you frequently use acrylics, of course, do what works best for you.


Originally, I was going to create a scenery involving a smaller sun but then decided to just make the sun larger.  I started off my painting a half circle across all four of my nails.  I failed to do a white base so I had to do multiple layers of yellow to get it this bright.  I highly recommend using a white under any bright colors, please save yourself the hassle of multiple coats.


I outlined the sun with orange and added in yellow and orange sun rays.


I finished up the seen by using two shades of green to create a grassy horizon.  I added a couple of white fluffy clouds and gave them some dimension by outlining them with some grey.


On my thumb I just created a horizon and added a couple of clouds, nothing fancy.  I still think it is cute though.


Of course, I performed my usual clean up with acetone and a brush, and applied a topcoat.  At first I added a glossy topcoat.


Then I decided that I would prefer it with a matte topcoat instead. I like how it looks like a chalk drawing.


I like this simple cute cartoony sun and my daughter approves too!  She loves watching me paint my nails and she loves having her nails painted too.  She is my little mini me!  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design as much as she does.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 

Mr. Sun @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger