Liquid Eyeliner Nail Art

Hello Lovelies!  A few weeks ago I was scrolling through Facebook when I spotted a post from Nail It Magazine.  It was a tutorial in which the artist used liquid eyeliner as a medium for creating a nail art design.  Sadly, I never made note of who the artist was and can no longer find it, so if you know who it is that I am referring to I would love some insight.  Anyways, I decided to try it out for myself.


I started off this nail art design with Butter London 'Nail Foundation' on my ring and mid finger, and Butter London 'Baroness' on all other fingers.  I decided to use the nail foundation because I wasn't sure if my nails would be stained by the liquid eyeliner.  I also decided against using a typical base coat because the finish on the nail foundation is more of a satin finish that would be less "slick."


I started off my liquid eyeliner design by framing the nail.


I decided that I didn't want to make the design too complicated so I just drew some simple curly-q's and squiggles to fill in the nail.


I also decided that I wanted to give 'Baroness' a little gradient, so I sponged Salley Hansen's Big 'Smokey' Top Coat over the tip of my nails (excluding the accent fingers).


In all honesty, I didn't care for how my liquid eyeliner applied.  It was a bit streaky and I had to go over some spots multiple times to get consistent lines.  I did however, like that it dried really quickly.  I think if I was in a bind and really wanted to create a design I might try this again.  But I think that using acrylic paints or polish is a better medium than the liquid eyeliner.


I do like the design though, I like the negative space on the accent nails, and 'Baroness' is a nice subtle color.  I hope you found this post insightful, and enjoyed this nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,