Split Chevron Nail Art Design

Hello Lovelies!  I am sorry I have been absent lately, but my 2015 is not turning out the greatest so far.  I am trying to get back on track and get some nail art designs finished for you.  I have many ideas I want to try but sadly not the time.  Oh, the woes of a nail art addict.  I did have a few minutes to do this design for you.


I created this look for the Nail Polish Queens' Weekly Challenge, neons.  I also wanted to take an opportunity to use some of my new polishes.  I chose these colors because I wanted to create something neon but also something subtle.

Materials
Base and top coat
Three shades of polish
Nail vinyls - L-shaped or 90 degree single chevrons, and straights (the nail vinyls I used are from nailvinyls.com)
Dotting tool - small to medium size

I started off with Sally Hansen Triple Shine 'Great White,' over a coat of Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White.'  I wanted the white shimmer and an opaque color, the white creme base coat allowed me to achieve the opacity that I wanted without a lot of layers.  I topped this all off with a quick drying top coat.


When my polish was completely dry I placed my 90 degree, single chevron vinyls.  My nails are not very long so I did about four sections, lining them up as evenly as I could.  I then placed one straight vinyl down the center, covering the points of each chevron.


Using a small brush and my two accent colors Sally Hansen Triple Shine 'Pool Side,' (blue) and 'Lemon Shark,' (yellow) I filled in the spaces. I alternated the colors, creating a staggered pattern.


Lastly I used a small/medium dotting tool and placed a dot in the v-shaped area near my cuticle line. Then I preformed a little clean up and applied a final top coat.


I created this full split chevron pattern on my ring and mid finger.  On all my other fingers I did a single split chevron stripe and dot.  I did this because I wanted the two fingers to be a full accent and because I didn't have a lot of time.


This is the first nail art design I've created this year, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  It is both simple and slightly unique.  It kind of reminds me of a herringbone design, which is another pattern I intend to do for you in the future.  This pattern can be achieved in a few other ways, such as freehand or using stripping tape.  The method I shared (using chevron vinyls) just seemed to be the quickest to me.  I hope you like this design and enjoyed this post, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,