Elegant V-Tip French Manicure

Since, I destroyed my nails last week I have been really bummed and not really in the mood to do nail art.  But today, I decided that there is no reason I can't have pretty nubs.  So, for this weeks #whatruwearingwed nail art design I decided to do a really simple french tip design that works well with both short and long nails.


Materials
Base and top coat
1 - 3 shades of polish
Stripping tape

I started this look off with naked nubs.  However, if you'd like to create something more colorful you could start with a base color of your choosing.  You could also use a french pink base coat too. I do not typically go without a base coat but I decided since I was using light colors that I would be okay.  I know they're not very pretty right now but this is what happens when I don't keep up with my nail care routine.


1) Using my stripping tape I taped a v-shape at the tip of my nail. I allowed one side to go all the way to the tip of my nail and on the other side I lined it up with the previously laid strip but did not allow it to overlap into the space on the other side.
2) I decided to do a two toned tip and started with Color Club 'Gold Struck' (from the Gala Gems Mini collection sold exclusively through Birchbox).  I filled in the smaller side of the V and immediately removed the top tape.
3) I then used Color Club 'Heirloom Pearls' (also from the Gala Gems collection) and filled in the bottom portion of the V.  I then removed the second piece of tape.
4)  I performed a bit of clean up and added a top coat to make it nice and shiny.


This design is incredibly easy and can be used for just about any occasion.  The colors I used here would be great for a wedding or to match an elegant outfit.  You could spice up the colors and make a really interesting look for any festive season.  You can also dress it up by adding gems or studs, but I think I like this simple elegant look.


I hope you'll head over to my Facebook page and share your #whatruwearingwed manicure or use the mentioned hashtag on Instagram.  While your there like/follow me to see all the latest from my blog and elsewhere.  You can also follow me by clicking the 'Join this Site' icon on the top right handside of the screen or through Google+Bloglovin, and/or Pinterest.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,