Be Thankful...

Thanksgiving is a few days away and the big question that everyone is asking is "What are you thankful for?"  I personally have a great deal to be thankful for, my life is full of wonderful people who are healthy and happy. I am fortunate enough to be able to do the things I enjoy doing and my life is full of opportunities.


One of the many things that I am thankful for is my passion for nail art. It is a creative outlet that I enjoy and I have found new friends through the nail art community. But most of all I am thankful that I am not a turkey (hehehe).

Materials
Base and top coat
Various polishes
Acrylic paint
Various brushes
Dotting tools

On my left hand I started with China Glaze 'Don't Honk Your Thorn'.  This is one of my go to nude polishes, if you follow this blog you've probably seen me use it before.


Then using brown acrylic paint and a small brush I hand painted "Be Thankful" across four fingers. I filled in the brown "Thankful" with orange polish. I used Butter London 'Brick Lane' for my orange polish.


On the thumb of my left hand I painted "You're Not a " with the same brown acrylic paint.


So, my left hand complete, states...


On my right hand I painted a turkey. I started with red and painted the tips of my nails. I used Essie 'Dress to Kilt'.  You can see that I was very concerned about clean lines, evenness, or messy cuticles.


I then applied a row of orange slightly overlapping the red. I again used "Brick Lane".


I completed this with a yellow row filling in the remaining part of the nail. For the yellow I used China Glaze 'Metro Pollen-tin'.  Each row of color are for the turkey's feathers, if you hadn't guessed that already.


I then used a small brush and brown acrylic paint to divide the feather layers.  Again, because they are feathers I wasn't concerned with them being perfect.


Then drew lines vertically to create individual feathers. I also created the body of the turkey on my mid finger.


I completed the turkey with beak, big scared eyes, and a waddle (I think that's what that's called).



So, if you can not think of anything to be thankful for this Thanksgiving at least,be thankful  that you are not a turkey. I wish you all to have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with friends, family, happiness and joy. I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, (maybe even got a little chuckle out of it), thanks for stopping by, see you next time. 

Your Fellow Plebe,




Be Thankful... @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger