Single Leaf Nail Art Design

This past week was so busy that I haven't been able to do much with my nails. About the only thing I had time for was an occasional lotion application. Halloween night turned out to be murder on my nails and I ended the evening with four broken. So, it's time to start over. I trimmed down all my nails. I think these are probably the shortest my nails have been since the beginning of the year.

This is the first nail art I've done in weeks but it feels like decades. I decided to do a fall inspired nail art design because it is the season and it's going quick.


Material
Base and top coat
Orange and brown polish
Makeup sponge
Glitter polish (optional)
Brown acrylic paint
Small thin brush

I started this design with China Glaze 'Stop That Train' (from the All A lard collection) and I accented with China Glaze 'Boundary of Memory' (from the Giver collection) on my ring finger.


Then with a makeup sponge I sponged the tips of my orange nails with China Glaze 'Lug Your Designer Baggage'. I choose this for its gold flecks. I feel it adds an interesting texture.


I then used brown acrylic paint and a small thin brush to draw leaf shapes on my orange/brown nails.



I performed some clean up and applied my favorite top coat. This is a really simple nail art design. Free handing the leaf shape is simple and allows beginners to practice without the design being too complicated. You can do the leaf pattern with or without the sponging and you can do it for an accent or as a full hand nail design. I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time. 

Your Fellow Plebe,