Mustache-icure

Hello Lovelies!  I have been having a difficult time staying motivated with nail art, so I decided to pick up a challenge for November.  For this month I thought I would give the Instagram #WNAC2015 a shot.  The over all theme is elegant, followed by weekly prompts.  This week's prompt is Movember.

No that's not a typo, Movember aka No Shave November is a movement to help support male wellness, encouraging men to exercise, eat healthy, and get regular checkups.  The primary goal of Movember is to bring about awareness of prostate and testicular cancer.  Many men show their support by vowing not to shave for the month of November, many growing elaborate moustaches in the process.  For (most) women growing a moustache is not really achievable so instead we create moustache nail art.  This was what I created...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"
Polishes - OPI "You're so Vain-illa", "Icebergers and Fries", "My Voice is a Little Norse", and Sinful Colors "Black on Black"
Medium/small dotting tool
Small detail brush
Topcoat - New York Color matte topcoat

I started with an off white on my pointer and mid finger, black on my ring finger and thumb, and added a glitter polish to my pinky.


For my moustaches I decided to try to go for a handlebar style stache.  Surprisingly, this is the first time I have ever done a moustache of any kind on my nails, however, it is relatively easy.  Start by placing two dots side by side with a dotting tool.  Then using a small brush, create a tail to either side of the dots.  I created a pattern of four to five moustaches on each finger and added sparkly dots between them to add a touch of elegance.


I did the same pattern over the black base as I did over the off white.  I simply changed the colors of the moustaches.


I performed my usual clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and this time I added a matte topcoat.  I have never applied a matte topcoat over a glitter polish but I thought the affect was pretty interesting, almost stone like.


My goal with this manicure was to make it both masculine, since it is for Movemeber, yet incorporate a little bit of elegance so that it fit the theme of the WNAC.  I'm not quite sure I met the criteria of my goals, but I think I came pretty close.  What do you think?  Either way I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,
 
   
Mustache-icure @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger