Geometric Confetti

Hello Lovelies!  I decided before I get to deep into fall color and nail art that I would do something a little lighter and brighter.  These are what I am referring to as Geometric Confetti nails...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"
Base Color - Mango Bunny "Baby Cakes"
Shape Polishes - China Glaze "In a Lily Bit," "One Track Mind," & "Capacity to See Beyond"
Uber Chic Beauty Mat
Scissors and Heart-shaped hole punch
Topcoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"

Originally, when I was planning this nail art design I was just going to hand paint the shapes over my base color.  After, I got my new mat, I decided to go a different route.  To create this nail art design, I first painted three rectangles of polish on the mat.  (Of course, if you do not have an Uber Chic mat, a plastic bag works equally well for this.)  Once it was dry I peeled it from the mat, and cut it into various shapes and sizes with scissors and a heart-shaped hole punch.  I then applied two coats of polish on my nails and placed the shapes randomly onto the wet polish.


I repeated this process on all my nails.  I had a few problem areas that occurred when I tried to remove the access shape from the nail.


I touched up the problem areas using a small detail brush and the appropriate polish.


I finished off this nail art design like I typically do by performing a close clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and topped of the design with a glossy topcoat.  A topcoat for a design such as this is important because it helps the overlaid pieces stay in place, and helps prevent them from peeling up.


This was a very quick and easy nail art design, that is bright and colorful.  I really like the crelly base, Mango Bunny's "Baby Cakes," is very light but the hex glitters provide a really nice pop of color.


I hope you too enjoyed this nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 

Geometric Confetti @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger