Fall Foliage

Hello Lovelies!  Happy Sunday to you all!  Many people are not ready to give up summer and move into Autumn, but I am.  I love Fall!  The colors, the food, the festivals, the holidays, the weather; you name anything about Fall and I like it.  I decided it was time to create my first Autumn nail art design of the year...


Since, it has been about a month since I've created any nail art, and because I got some new stamping plates, I decided to do a nice easy layered stamping design.  Here is a list of the materials I used...

Base Coat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"
Fab Ur Nails Stamper and Scraper
Uber Chic Beauty Image Plate 5-02
Mundo de Unas "Gold" Stamping Polish
China Glaze "Don't Get Derailed" & "Stop That Train!" (both are from the All Aboard Collection)
Top Coat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"

I started off with mostly naked nails, only a base coat SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"  This has become my favorite base coat, it dries fast and polishes just seem to stick to it.  I decided not to use a base color because the layered stamping will cover the majority of the nail.


I recently order the newest series of plates from Uber Chic Beauty along with an Uber Chic Mat.  I'm not going to go on about the mat, but I will say it's awesome!  For this design I used image plate 5-02, specifically the leaf pattern.


To create this look I simply repeated this print in layers on each nail.  I started with the most opaque colored polish, and layered the more translucent polishes over top.


The first layer is with actual stamping polish, Mundo de Unas "Gold," which was the most opaque...


The second layer is China Glaze "Don't Get Derailed."  Even though this is not a stamping polish it worked well enough but I did find I had to work fast otherwise it would not transfer.  I also found that using a direct press (pressing directly down with stamper) technique for both picking up and transferring the image worked best when stamping with both the China Glaze polishes.


For the third and final layer I wanted to add a pop of color, so I used China Glaze "Stop That Train!"  This was the most translucent (or least opaque) shade of the three, which allows the other colors to show through slightly.  Again this is not a stamping polish but it worked well. 


As you can see, I failed to prep my fingers before getting into the stamping process.  I was just so anxious to get to stamping that I decided to skip the cuticle cover up process.  However, I saw an Instagramer (I believe it was @mrswhite8907) use the scotch tape clean up method, so I thought this would be the perfect time to try it.  Simply, take a piece of scotch tape, lay it on your messy finger (avoid the nail as much as possible), and peel the tape up and the mess away.  Repeat this process until you have most of the mess cleaned up, its that easy!


After a quick tape clean up, I performed a close clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, then applied my new favorite topcoat, "Marvel" from SuperChic Lacquer.  This topcoat is super shiny and dries unbelievably quick, plus its not thick and sticky like most others.


This was a very quick and easy nail art design that was just what I needed to get back into the nail art groove.  I am so happy that I can stamp so comfortably and easily now.  I struggled with stamping for so long.


I am really looking forward to using my new stamping plates and mat, to do some reverse stamping and a few other things that I have in mind.  So be sure to stay tuned to see what I come up with next.


I really love the way these nails turned out, the colors and the layers create a perfect Autumn look.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design as much as me.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 



Fall Foliage @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger