Poppin Bow

Hello Lovelies!  It has been a long while since I have done any kind of freehand nail art, so I decided to do a little.  I decided to make it a bit retro, because it's been a while since I've done anything retro too.


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Bring It On!"
Polishes - Color Club "On Cloud Nine," "Sweet Getaway," "Je T'Aime," "Jitters," & Sinful Colors "Black on Black"
Small brush
Small dotting tool
Topcoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"

I began with a white base color on my pointer, mid, and ring fingers.  This is two coats of Color Club "On Cloud Nine," which smells like white chocolate.


Using a small brush I filled in the shape of a large bow on my mid finger and a stripe on both my pointer and ring fingers.  I used Color Club "Sweet Getaway," for the bow, it smells like roses.


I used a lighter pink to outline and add details to the bow and the stripes.  I did have to go back over some areas with white because I made some lines too thick.


Using a small dotting tool and black polish, I filled in the areas around the bows and stripes with polka dots.


For my thumb I did a simple black, and add a glitter to my pinky for a little bit of sparkle.  As usual I performed a bit of cuticle clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and applied a glossy topcoat.


I repeated this on my right hand as well.  Unfortunately, my non-dominant hand is so out of practice, however I feel it turned out reasonably well.


There is something I really like about a black, white, and pink color scheme, and of course, I just love retro designs too.  So, all in all I am pretty pleased with this look.


However, I do feel my freehand needs a bit of work.  I was hoping freehand painting was going to be more like riding a bike.  You know one of those things you can pick up and do with ease, even if you haven't done it for a while.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for me.


Either way, I hope you enjoyed this retro-ish nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,
 

Poppin Bow @ Nails Art Proudly Powered by Blogger